Sunday, April 1, 2012

Paes and Radek win in ATP Miami tourney

Paes and Stepanek, seeded seventh, crushed second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor 3-6 6-1 10-8 on Sunday. Just dropping the first set, the Australian Open champions broke Mirnyi and Nestor twice in the second set to force a match tie-break. Indo-Czech duo trailed 1-4 before winning six straight points to surge ahead. Paes now the  24th player in the ATP World Tour history to win 50 doubles titles said "Over all these years of playing, I have got to thank many partners, I have got to thank many coaches.I have to thank my father but most importantly my wonderful partner right now, Radek Stepanek," he added.
Finally Stepanek shot  the victory with an incongruous volley to clinch the win.

No comments:

Competitiveness, climate, security Finn’s priorities Ministry of Finance release Finnish road map of EU presidency. Finland is set ...