Launch of AdhaFULL: Tomorrow 18th October , Maurya SheratonFrom: Sonia Sarkar
2 attachments - Download All
Greetings from UNICEF!
We take this opportunity to invite you for the launchÂ AdhaFULLÂ onÂ 18 October 2016Â at ITC Maurya, New Delhi from 6:30 - 8 pm. Please find attached the detailed invite.
This initiative proposes to reach out to adolescent boys, girls, their parents and elders using a 360 degree approach to communication that encompasses aÂ flagship 78-part TV series that will be a coming-of-age drama (AdhaFULL TV series), aÂ 78-episode magazine format radio show (Full On Nikki radio series),Â IVR-based messaging (with Kaan Khajura Station),Â IPC toolkit for adolescent clubs comprising of â€“ 1) audio-visual interactive stories based the TV show; 2) 10 graphic novels and 3) an interactive activity book and mobile Game app for older adolescents on gender stereotyping.
The initiative aims to:
- Increase the confidence and competence of Indian adolescents and their parents to negotiate and redefine strategic decision-making within the constraints presented by the social context
- Create a culture of change for the Indian adolescent so that they can break free (the force-field) of social expectations that limit their agency
- Replace cultures of silence, concealment, shame and compromise with confidence and competence for Indian adolescents
- Positively influence social norms that promote gender stereotypes that limit the agency of adolescents and make them vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, discrimination and violence
- Produce normative shifts by exposing Indian adolescents and their families to ideology and modeling that increase their confidence and competence to redefine strategic decision-makingÂ
The television series will begin broadcast from 21stÂ October 2016 on Doordarshan National from 730 pm to 8 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.Â
We would be grateful if you could interview our UNICEF Senior Officials and carry the article in your new publication.